Responsible for planning and managing patient care according to residents' individualized service plan, obtaining medical history and physical condition for each resident along with resident vital sign collection and documentation. Provides routine care for the residents and administers medications as per doctor's orders and documents in the Electronic Medication Administration Record by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in development and updating of resident care plans.*
- Communicates any changes in residents' condition to the resident care director.*
- Administers medication and documents in the EMAR.*
- Collects samples such as urine and stool as needed.*
- Provides basic first aid.*
- Checks and documents vital signs routinely.*
- Ensures resident safety.*
- Provides assistance with activities of daily living as needed.*
- Builds meaningful relationships with residents and their families.*
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all residents, visitors, and co-workers.*
- Works cooperatively with co-workers as a team to ensure resident needs are met.*
- Communicates changes in resident's condition to the resident's primary care physician.*
- Receives orders from primary care physician, verifies, clarifies any questions, and carries out orders.*
- Conducts routine wellness checks on residents throughout the shift.*
- Completes all assigned training, both initial and ongoing within designated time frames.*
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, families, visitors and co-workers.*
- Works cooperatively with co-workers as a team leader to ensure resident needs are met.*
- Provides supervision to caregivers in an assigned area during the shift.*
Directly supervises employees in the caregivers/CNAs Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
LPN License and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Amazing Grace Senior Living is an equal opportunity employer.